Friday, April 13, 2012

Why Following The Rules Pays Off.

It's not a diet, it's just following the rules of surgery.
So I did well with my rules today. Not perfect, but pretty close.
I ate most of a 5.5oz can of tuna salad. I probably ate 4oz and tossed the rest. The if-y part was I was hungry again within an hour so I had a cheese stick. A little while later I was hungry one again so I had my half burger left over from the night before. There was ketchup and relish on it, which both contain sugar. Not perfect, but close.
For dinner I had a tortilla with grilled chicken breast, fried mushrooms and onions, a little shredded cheese and lettuce.
A few hours later I was hungry again so I had a slice of meat pie.
So, not much sugar happening.
Later on, I went shopping and bought myself sugar free cookies and chocolates. At the same time, I bought the family lots of junk food. They have some really yummy looking muffins that look like coffee cakes. So good I can almost taste them.
After shopping, I took the kids for ice-cream. I asked if the had anything sugar free. Since they didn't, I didn't have any.
Later in the evening.... well after 8pm, I was tempted to have one of those yummy looking muffins. I decided to look at the product info and decided the nearly 500 calories weren't worth it.
As I got ready for bed tonight, I hopped on the scale which is completely unofficial, but I was down to 185.5. So I'm hoping for good news tomorrow.
I'll be honest, I'm really hungry right now, but I know the rules and I also know I won't starve.
Reaching my goal will taste much better then any sugary food ever could.

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Journal

Followers