Tuesday, September 14, 2010

5 Day Pouch Test- Day 3

So, my eating got way out of control. All the old habits were back with a vengeance. Somehow I needed to stop it in it's tracks. I had already gained about 17 lbs. Way to much. My clothes were not fitting anymore, and I knew if I stayed on that path, I'd regain it all in no time.
So I decided to start the 5 day pouch test to get my pouch back in shape. The first 2 days were hell since all I could eat was liquids.
Today, I'm able to eat canned tuna and eggs. Definitely feel the pouch has shrunk. Doesn't take as much to fill me up as it use to.
My weight today is 188.5. It's still up there, but it's coming down.
I will make it.
I've also decided to become more active with my online support group. I feel this is going to be the key to keeping me honest and motivated.

Motivated is the right word. When I decided to have this surgery, I was very motivated. I was my own advocate and I was determined. Post op, the same thing. Somewhere down the road I got complacent and took things for granted. That is not a possibility with this surgery. It is only a tool and if you stop using it, it doesn't keep working on it's own. Although I knew that, I didn't really accept that. Now I do.

I'm going to work hard each and every day for the rest of my life, but I don't have to think about that today. Today I just have to work hard right now, and tomorrow is another day.

I have set a new mini goal.
By Nov 10, 2010, I want to be back down to 176.5. That's where I stopped my weight loss. That gives me almost 2 months. Very do-able.
By Jan 15, I'd like to be very near my new goal of 160. Also very do-able I think.

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Journal

Followers